J.W. Law LLC
J.W. Law LLC
  • 829 Baronne Street
    New Orleans, LA 70130
  • Call Now For A Consultation

    (504) 384-7770

Mardi Gras Safety Tips Part Two

  • By: Jonathan Wasielewski
  • Published: February 9, 2024

What To Do If You Are In A Car Accident During Mardi Gras!

With increased traffic, closed streets, and large crowds driving during Mardi Gras can be very stressful and the increased hazards can make New Orleans streets even more dangerous than usual.  The best way to avoid any problems is to take public transportation, ride a bike, use a ride share, or walk. If you do drive be extra vigilant and if you are in a car accident be sure to take the following steps:

  1. Assess The Need for Emergency Help: Call wait times for 911 and response times for police can increase during Carnival. The first priority after any accident is determining if anyone needs emergency services such as an ambulance and if so calling 911. If there is no need for emergency services try calling NOPD’s non-emergency number  504-821-2222 to report the accident.
  2. Picture The Scene: Before moving the vehicles try to document the point of impact and the position of the vehicles. This can be key to showing later how the accident happened.
  3. Clear The Street: If necessary to allow traffic past move the vehicles enough to clear the street or intersection. If the accident occurs on the interstate or a similar roadway it is state law that you clear the travel lanes as soon as possible.
  4. Be Patitent: Police and other accident investigators are very busy especially during this time and they are dealing with the same traffic difficulties as everyone else. Be patient and wait for the investigator to arrive. If you cannot wait any longer make sure all drivers involved exchange all insurance and identification information.
  5. Get Medical Attention for Any Injuries: If you were injured, even if you did not need an ambulance, seek medical care to avoid any further complications and to document your injuries for any future claims.
  6. Contact An Experienced and Professional Car Accident Attorney: Call us at JW Law LLC at (504) 345-8595. I can guide you through the next steps in the claims process and make sure you get the full damages. Call any time!

The above advice is for general information and education purposes only. If you are in need of an attorney please call JW Law at (504) 345-8595.

Jonathan Wasielewski, Esq.

Jonathan assists clients who have estate planning and
succession needs as well as providing notary services
Call Us Now - (504) 384-7770

Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U